Tal vez hablas con fluidez en ingles pero llega al momento de alquilar un coche y de repente hay mucho vocabulario: partes de un coche en inglés que no sabes o nunca has utilizado. Aquí te enseñamos las partes del exterior del coche para que tu próxima adventura sea más emocionante.
Vocabulario para el exterior del coche
Translations and examples – Parts of a car
- Tyre (UK) / Tire (US) – neumático / llanta
- I was late to work today because I got a flat tyre.
- Wheel – rueda
- A song that we sing to our children is called ‘The wheels on the bus go round and round’.
- Mirror – espejo
- I always use my mirrors before changing lanes so I know there is no one next to me.
- Indicator (UK) / Turn signal (US) – indicador
- I really can’t stand it when people do not use their indicators in a roundabout.
- Headlight – las luces cortas
- I think most cars today have automatic headlights that come on when it is dark outside.
- Number plate (UK) / License plate (US) – matricula
- When I was young we would play a game to see who could find a license plate from each state.
- Bumper – parachoques
- I scratched the bumper a little on my way out the garage. I hope my insurance will cover it.
- Bonnet (UK) / Hood (US) – capó
- Pop the hood so we can check the oil.
- Windscreen (UK) / Windshield (US) – paraprisas
- We had a crack in the windshield so we had to get it replaced.
- Windscreen wipers (UK) / Windshield wipers (US) – limpiaparaprisas
- We have automatic windscreen wipers on our car, so the speed adjusts to the amount of rain falling.
- Aerial (UK) / Antenna (US) – antena
- A few years ago, people were stealing all the antennas from the cars. It was really annoying.
- Hood (UK) / Trunk (US) – maletero / baúl
- The reason why we decided to buy this car instead of the blue one is because this one has a bigger trunk.
Aprender más vocabulario
Ya que conoces el vocabulario partes de un coche, aprendes más vocabulario con nuestros posts anteriores de Vocab Rehab