In this fifth episode, we discuss what Covid Christmas is like and how immigrants often have to be away from their families. We also discuss what we want the new year to look like. Don’t forget to check out the vocabulary listed below and Enjoy!
- Shadenfreude- pleasure derived by someone from someone else’s misfortune
- Pleasure- enjoyment, happiness, satisfaction
- Pain- a physical or emotional discomfort
- I must admit- I have to say
- Taken aback- surprised
- Been there, done that- this is not new to me
- Life goes on- life continues
- Rearrange- to change the order, position or time of something already arranged.
- To go down in history – to be recorded or remembered in history
- D, all of the above- reference to multiple choice tests when you want all the options offered to you
- Running after your tail – to be busy doing a lot of things and not accomplishing much
Burnout – extreme tiredness or a feeling of not being able to work anymore, caused by working too hard
- Have a laugh – have a good time