Watch the video, read up on all the ingredients and learn some vocabulary and interesting facts about pancakes.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 cup (226.8 grams) of flour
¼ teaspoon (1.23 grams) salt
1 Tablespoon (14.3 grams) Brown Sugar (or regular sugar)
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 large egg
¾ cup (174 grams) milk
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Butter or Margarine
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in small bowl.
2. Beat egg.
3. Add milk and oil and the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
4. Heat a pan or grill. When hot, add a bit of butter to the surface.
5. Use small ladle to pour batter onto got grill.
6. Add chocolate chips to the pancakes.
7. When bubbles appear, flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or two.
8. Serve with syrup and/or fruit.
Learn some vocabulary used in the video
Sunflower seeds- Semillas de girasol
Baking powder- levadura (Royal)
To double up- doblar
Every country has their own style of pancake. Click here to learn about the different types and about why people in the US call them Silver Dollar Pancakes.